Brisco Road Interchange Project
The Brisco Road-Halcyon Road/US 101 Interchange project has been underway since the late 1990s. Currently the project is in the Project Approval and Environmental Determination (PA&ED) phase with three project alternatives under review, as highlighted below:
The First Alternative:
- Close the northbound on and off-ramps at Brisco Road and US 101
- Complete intersection improvements at Camino Mercado and US 101
- Complete intersection improvements on the north and southbound ramps at Grand Avenue and US 101
- Complete bridge widening on Grand Avenue
- Estimated cost $12,300,000
- 1st Alternative (PDF)
- Undercrossing Exhibit (PDF)
The Second Alternative:
- Relocate the northbound ramps at Brisco Rd to West Branch Street at Rodeo Drive
- Complete intersection improvements at Grace Lane and Rodeo Drive
- Complete intersection improvements on the southbound ramps at Grand Avenue and US 101
- Estimated cost $22,700,000
- 2nd Alternative (PDF)
The Third Alternative:
- No build - Brisco Rd ramps would remain as is
- No changes to intersection at Camino Mercado and US 101
- No changes to intersection at E Grand Ave and US 101
- No cost
- Public workshop regarding environmental documents was held on April 26th, 2018.
- Public comments are currently under review and are expected to be completed February 2019.
- Anticipate Council action on selected alternative in early 2019.
Your continued input on the project is valued, let us know your thoughts and email the Brisco Road Interchange Project.
- What is the Brisco Interchange Project?
- What is the City of Arroyo Grande responsible for regarding the Brisco Interchange Project?
- What is the current timeline for the Brisco Interchange Project?
- What are the current design alternatives being proposed?
- What role does Cal Trans have regarding the Temporary Closure?
- What role does the City of Arroyo Grande have regarding the Temporary Closure?
- Why was the closure of the Brisco Road on and off-ramps temporary?
- Why was the temporary closure initially extended?
- Is the Cal Trans Brisco Interchange Project approval related to the temporary closure of the Brisco ramps?
- How can I voice my input to the City?