The City of Arroyo Grande prepares to respond to all types of emergencies, and residents and businesses are also encouraged to prepare. Do not wait! The following Information is provided to assist you in preparing for an emergency.
STEPS RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES SHOULD TAKE:
- Keep roof gutters and downspouts clean and clear
- Keep yards and driveways clear of debris
- Have trees pruned or removed if they are a danger to you or your neighbor's property
- Make repairs to walls, roofs and drainage systems before storms arrive
- Have heater and fireplaces cleaned and checked for safety before storm season
- Stay off the roads during storm events
- Know how to fill and place sand bags
- Have a supply of plastic sheeting, plywood and tools ready for waterproofing of doors and openings
- Stock up on food, medicine (and pet food) so you do not have to shop during a storm
Where to call to report or check on a power outage
Report or check on an outage...
PG&E: What to do if you smell gas
If you smell gas...
PG&E: How to turn off your gas
How to turn off your gas...