The City Council has adopted rules and regulations regarding cannabis related activities in Arroyo Grande. This page is intended to be a helpful location for the City's most recent cannabis regulations.
COMMERCIAL CANNABIS ACTIVITY
At this time, ALL COMMERCIAL CANNABIS ACTIVITY IS PROHIBITED IN ARROYO GRANDE. This includes, but is not limited to, non retail storefronts, retail storefronts, medical cannabis dispensaries, cooperatives, and collectives, manufacturing, testing, storage, call centers, etc.The exception to this prohibition is deliveries into the City by cannabis retailers with physical premises located outside of the City of Arroyo Grande that are licensed by the State Bureau of Cannabis Control.
CANNABIS CULTIVATION FOR PERSONAL USE
Arroyo Grande allows limited indoor cannabis cultivation for personal use. This limited indoor cultivation includes:
- Six (6) or fewer live cannabis plans within a private residence or accessory structure to a private residence that is fully enclosed and secure.
- No more than fifty (50) contiguous square feet of the interior of the private residence shall be devoted to cannabis cultivation.
- Plants shall not exceed ten feet (10') in height.
- The area used for cultivation shall comply with California Building, Electrical, and Fire Codes, as adopted by the City.
- Cultivation shall be concealed so that it is not visible from the exterior of the property, the public right-of-way, and/or neighboring properties.
- Lighting for the cultivation shall not exceed twelve hundred (1,200) watts. If cultivation is in an accessory structure, light shall not emanate or be visible from outside the accessory structure.
- The use of flammable or combustible products is prohibited.
- Cannabis cultivation shall not adversely affect the health and safety of the occupants of other properties in the vicinity and shall not be maintained in a manner so as to constitute a hazard due to use or storage of materials, processes, products, or wastes.